Spotting Fake News Step by Step
- Check the domain name. Does it look strange? Those ending unusual domains such as “.com.co” are fake news.
- Refer to the ‘About Us’ area on a website to see what it says, or refer to the websites above for more information on the story or source.
- Read multiple news sources to see how (or if) they are reporting on the same story
- 10 Questions for Fake News Detection from the News Literacy Project,
- guide from ConnectSafely.org
- PBS’s lesson how to teach about fake news