Mr. Orme, ESQ’s teacher-librarian can help you find books based on what other books, movies, games, TV shows and/or authors you like (a.k.a. “readalikes”). There are lots of services listed below that can help, too.
- Genres or types of stories – Action! Horror! Romance! Fantasy! Dystopian! Or …? Click here and then scroll down to find books by “Topic”
- Characters and characterization – Do you like characters that are detailed, lifelike, quirky, recognizable, familiar, vivid etc.
- Settings & Locations – Think of time periods and locations that interest you.
- Themes/topics – Good vs. evil? Love? Redemption? Courage and perseverance? Coming of age? Revenge? We can help you find that!
- Tone – What is the feel of the story? Funny? Heartwarming? Haunting? Menacing? Nostalgic? Reflective? Upbeat? Violent?…
- Storyline – What specific elements of the story are emphasized? Action? Multiple plotlines? Plot twists? Character or plot–driven? Issue-oriented? World-building?…
Our school library catalogue, book lists and the sites below can all help you find great new books and authors: